• Property Photo1
  • Property Photo2
  • Property Photo3
  • Property Photo4
  • Property Photo5
  • Property Photo6
  • Property Photo7
  • Property Photo8
  • Property Photo9
  • Property Photo10
  • Property FloorPlan1

The Old Rectory, Owermoigne

Location: Dorchester
£985,000

SOLD - The Old Rectory is a fine Grade II Listed detached country house that was originally constructed in the late 16th century and was formerly the village Rectory. The property offers spacious living accommodation arranged on two floors. Substantially extended around 1870, the main construction of the house is of coursed rubble stone walls with some dressed stone. The upper elevations are hung clay tiles, all under a slate roof with high brick chimneys. The building has timber framed detailing to the upper storey. A gabled porch lies over the central entrance and the windows are mainly timber casements with leaded lights. A particular feature of the front elevation is an original gothic tracery stone window in the kitchen that was formerly in situ at St Michael's Church in the village. The house has many interesting features including open fireplaces, exposed timbers and beams taken from a Spanish Armada galleon wrecked at Ringstead Bay in 1588, two separate staircases and a large cellar. On the first floor there are six bedrooms, a bathroom, 2 shower rooms (one being en-suite) and a dressing room. The house has the benefit of twin gas fired central heating. EPC rating "E".

View Map     Arrange A Viewing

‹ Back to our Properties

IT Solutions by Alexander Harris. www.alexanderharris.it. contact@alexanderharris.it
The Property Ombudsman